Off the Curb helps you, well, get off the curb!
Whether you’re jumping career lanes, re-entering the workforce, starting a new business or re-inventing your next life chapter, we help you clarify what you want and determine the best way to get it! Our pragmatic, but creative, process is designed to help you shorten the distance between where you are now and where you want to be.
Our approach includes…
A whole lot of focus + A bit of strategy + A mix of accountability & follow up = Your new story!
Typical coaching sessions might include helping you:
- Clarify your vision, purpose and values and if you aren’t sure… we’ll focus on what you’re curious about or have an inkling about and go from there
- Figure out how to play to your strengths, unique style, and personal experiences
- Create your job search, career change or networking strategy
- Determine what tools are needed to move the needle forward (new resume, customized cover letters, career research skills, new business strategy etc.)
- Take a “reality inventory” to see what’s really needed to start a new career or business and keep the rest of your life afloat while you’re navigating change
- Identify the real or imagined obstacles in your way of success
- Assess your skills, talents, and competencies and determine how they stack up for the journey ahead
- Design a personalized mini-strategic plan with clear goals and actions for moving ahead
We’ve got a variety tools up our sleeves like skill inventories, style evaluations, and EQ assessments to help in the process, and we’ve also been on the other side of the hiring table in a variety of industries so we aren’t afraid to show a little tough love when it comes to coaching you on interviewing skills. However, we’re all for keeping things simple (and fun whenever possible!) You might easily leave one of our sessions with your plan drawn out on a roll of brown butcher paper or the back of a napkin. (Ok we’re kidding about the napkin part!) Either way, we hope to be an ally in stimulating your thinking about what makes you happiest and getting clearer about what’s possible.